The Following document contains an extensivelist of scriptures taken from the King James Version of the Bible.
These verses show that even the King James bible teaches that baptism is a compnent of salvation.
While the scriptures teach that we must first believe in Jesus and His sacrifice, belief is only the first step. Repentance must then come from desiring to believe, and baptism is the result of a true desire to reconcile oneself to God.
In other words, baptism comes after true repentance.
Some key points in these scriptures are that
1) a baptism of water was required ;
2) a baptism of the Holy Ghost was also required;
3) to believe was only the beginning of the journey, not the end;
4) repentance was necessary;
5) immersion was and is the method of water baptism.
King James Verses:
1.  In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
2.  And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
3.  I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
4.  Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
5.  But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
6.  And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
1.  But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
2.  And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.
1.  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
1.  John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
2.  And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.
3.  I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
4.  And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.
1.  He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
1.  And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;
2.  Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
3.  Then came also publicans to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, what shall we do?
4.  John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
5.  Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,
1.  When the men were come unto him, they said, John Baptist hath sent us unto thee, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another?
2.  For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.
3.  And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.
4.  But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.
1.  But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
1.  And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.
2.  And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
1.  After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.
2.  And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.
3.  And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him.
1.  When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,
2.  (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)
1.  For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
1.  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
2.  Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
1.  But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
2.  Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.
3.  And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
4.  And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
1.  And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
1.  Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
2.  And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
1.  Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
1.  When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.
1.  And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.
2.  And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
1.  And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.
1.  And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
2.  Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
3.  When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
1.  And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
1.  Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
2.  Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
1.  And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1.  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1.  Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?
1.  For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
1.  One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
1.  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
1.  Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
1.  The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
God designed marriage to symbolically teach humanity about His relationship with the church.
Learn the truth about God's intention for marriage--a message conveniently distorted by the culture...and mis-understood by the church.
The Book of Mormon contains the most beautiful message--all are called and welcomed to come unto Christ.
Despite God's manifold blessings, history, reveals many times where God's people fell away from Him.
What was their story? How did it happen? Could it ever happen again? Is there a pattern? Does God forsake these people? Does He ever promise to bring them back to Him?
Searching for scriptures regarding sexuality and homosexuality? It is a popular search topic, and with good reason: people want to know what God's word says about it.
While our culture has produced new words in our day describing issues of sexuality, the spiritual and moral issues regarding sexuality are are age-old, and are dealt with directly in scripture. Click Here To Find The Words Used in Scripture Regarding Sexuality
The topic of Sexuality and Homosexuality has faced the Christian Church in New ways. What does the world teach? What does the Word of God teach?
|Watch your Thoughts,|
|They become Words...|
|Watch your Words,|
|They become Habits...|
|Watch your Habits,|
|They become Character...|
|Watch your Character,|
|It becomes your Destiny.|